Monday, May 16, 2022

Introduction

     My name is Brianna Voit, I am 26 years old and I currently serve in the United States Air Force. I am originally from Illinois, but stationed here in Alaska with my husband. The degree I am working on is an Associates of Arts and at my next base, I will pursue a Bachelor's in Biochemistry. I have 3 dogs: a yorkie, corgi and border collie/ retriever mix. 

    Even though this class is a requirement for my degree, I have always been interested in art since I was young. I like being creative and I think that is why I like lab work; you get to create reactions with experiments. At home, I enjoy painting and recently purchased a Cricut machine. My Aunt was a big influence on me being creative, because she has a small business in Texas designing her own jewelry. She taught be a little about making jewelry. My older cousin also taught me about scrap booking when I was in middle school, so I have dabbled in a little of everything.

    Museums have always been my go to when visiting new places, because you can learn so much from them. Back home, I would take a lot of weekend trips to Chicago and go to The Art Institute of Chicago, downtown. My favorite exhibit is always the Van Gogh exhibit because his pieces of art are very colorful and abstract. I was super fortunate to go to the immersive experience last year on my birthday with my mom and that was a very memorable experience.

    I look forward to this class and learning more about the history behind Art. 


  


Art Institute Chicago

6 comments:

  1. I truly believe Brianna will put everything into being a great addition to the class and will amaze you in her efforts to suceed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Art Institute of Chicago. I really want to go back and see it again. Sigh... so many museums, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also done scrap booking! I find it very entertaining and sentimental to take part in that type of art. I love museums, I am working as an intern at the Museum of the Aleutians, and often times I find myself looking at the artwork that is displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Briana, I am originally from Michigan which isn't far from Chicago. Growing up I remember traveling to Chicago and visiting some of the museums in the windy city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Briana,
    Great intro, I would love to go and see the Art Institute in Chicago. I like how your taking advantage of your time and world traveling and working to attend different schools at the same time is awesome. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biochemistry is certainly a heavy lift. Remember what Einstein said about imagination as you pursue the sciences. "Imagination is more important then knowledge." And good luck!

    ReplyDelete

NON-WESTERN ART: ANCIENT EGYPT

     Ancient Egyptian art is very interesting because they didn't view art as a method of individual expression and much of their art wa...